Any of my clients on an anti-acne program will know, that changing their makeup is a crucial step towards clear skin success. There is no point in applying all those wonderful products to heal your skin, only to cover it with heavy makeup that makes you break out.
This is a serious concern for my clients, which is why we provide an acne-safe cosmetics list after their initial consultation. And, why we continue to stock the acne-safe makeup brand Adorn Cosmetics.
Growing demand for anti-acne makeup
According to an article on anti-acne makeup in Professional Beauty, the global anti-acne makeup market is expected to reach US#3.24 billion in the next six years! The reason behind this growth is simply the demand for acne-safe, or anti-acne, makeup products as more people are affected by this problem.
Other key findings in the report include:
- Women are the largest section of anti-acne makeup consumers accounting for about 64.3% of the market
- 65% of the revenue in the anti-acne makeup is earned from products which contain salicylic acid
- Asia-Pacific is currently the largest consumer of anti-acne makeup products with 40.2% market share
- The largest volume of anti-acne makeup sales (30%) take place in department stores and supermarkets
- Almost 18% of anti-acne makeup sales are online
The truth is, acne is a HUGE market. It’s a skin condition that only seems to be getting worse and more prevalent. This is why we have such big growth figures in the above report.
So why is acne becoming such an issue? Because our busy, stressful lifestyles, hormonal imbalances and gut issues all seem to be at epidemic levels and are all are drivers of acne.
All of these factors are making anti-acne make up the biggest segment of the skincare market. And it is set to overtake anti-ageing skincare, including fillers and botox. Because many of us know there’s no point in having advanced treatments if your skin isn’t smooth and calm.
At the clinic, we stock many brands that target acne, including the new cult Australian brand Roccoco Botanicals. So, if nothing is healing your acne get in touch and talk to a professional. We will help you get your hands on our safe cosmetics list and stop sabotaging your skin!