Eminence Snow Mushroom Moisture Cloud Eye Cream revitalises the delicate eye area with this luxuriously fluffy textured eye cream. Super-hydrating snow mushroom provides intense hydration while powerful botanical peptides smooth roughness, decrease puffiness and diminish under eye bags to reveal a refreshed appearance.
Apply to the eye area. Leave on.
- Snow Mushroom: ultra-hydrating, super-humectant pulls moisture into skin to enhance elasticity and improve skin barrier function; promotes cell renewal and aids in natural collagen production for supple, plump skin
- Birch Water: nutrient-rich to reduce inflammation, purify and hydrate skin; skin is toned and tightened, redness is calmed and fortified from the damaging effects of pollution
- Reishi Mushroom: contains a high concentration of polysaccharides which improve hydration; powerful source of antioxidants which help reduce puffiness
- Botanical Peptides (from Quinoa Seed): dual acting natural peptides; help smooth roughness; reduce the appearance of under eye bags and puffiness for well-rested eyes
Results of Eminence Snow Mushroom Moisture Cloud Eye Cream
- Eye area is hydrated, revitalised and lifted
- Reduces under eye bags and puffiness
- Eye area appears well rested
Eminence is constantly innovating our product formulations to deliver the best results.
Say hello to the new “it” ingredient for health, wellness and beauty: mushrooms. These adaptogenic ingredients have been used in Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years and are currently making the rounds as skin care superstars. Celebrated for their ability to improve overall skin health and youthfulness, it’s no wonder they’re topping every beauty guru’s list. Read on to discover why mushrooms are about to become your favorite new skin care ingredient.
What Is An Adaptogen?
To appreciate the beauty benefits of mushrooms, you must first have a handle on the function of adaptogens. In short, an adaptogen is a mushroom, plant or root that helps the body adapt (hence, the name) to changes in its emotional and physical state. These herbs and botanical extracts have deep roots in Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine, where they have been used over thousands of years for their ability to restore balance to the body and skin. It wasn’t until 1947 that the word “adaptogen” was coined by N.V. Lazarev, a Soviet pharmacologist who learned of their ability to regulate and normalize the body’s physiological response to stress.
Mushroom Benefits For Skin
Stress plays a significant role in skin health: It increases inflammation, contributes to premature aging and can trigger hormonal imbalance. As adaptogens, mushrooms help mitigate your skin’s response to stress; they identify where your body is imbalanced and coax it back to baseline. In skin care, they also assist in distributing active ingredients to where they’re needed most, helping your skin stay strong, hydrated and healthy.
Here is a closer look at two of our favorite fungi: snow mushroom and reishi mushroom.
Snow mushroom – or tremella fuciformis – is a tropical mushroom that is often found growing on hardwood logs after heavy rainfall. This gelatinous ’shroom has been used for thousands of years in Chinese medicine and cuisine (snow fungus soup, anyone?) for its ability to provide deep and long-lasting hydration. In fact, Tang dynasty concubine Yang Guifei – one of China’s four great beauties – credited the snow mushroom with maintaining her flawless porcelain complexion.
Today, snow mushroom is used in skin care for its impressive hydrating properties. Known as a “super-humectant,” it functions similarly to (and even rivals) hyaluronic acid, the gold standard in skin hydration. Snow mushroom’s gelatinous structure, combined with its high levels of polysaccharides, helps it draw moisture deep into the skin. While this mushroom holds 500 times its weight in water (compared to hyaluronic acid’s 1000), its small particles can penetrate the skin more easily, providing more potent hydration.